At CBD College, we believe that the admissions process is one of the most important first steps in achieving your future career. We want to make sure that you feel comfortable and confident in your decision to join our student body. We encourage you to bring your family, to ask questions and we promise to be honest in our answers and provide you with as much information as possible.
- Be at least 17 years of age.
- Have earned a high school diploma or its equivalent1, or completed Associate, Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree.
- Have an interview with an Admissions Representative.
- Meet with the Interview Team, if applying to AAS Degree programs.
- Provide essay/questionnaire, if applying to AAS Degree programs.
- Present valid government picture ID.
- Pass the Wonderlic Scholastic Level Examination (SLE) Test.
- Pass the Wonderlic Scholastic Level Examination (SLE) Test and Wonderlic Advanced Skills Test (WAST), if applying to AAS Degree programs.
To be eligible for admission to the Distance Education program, an applicant must first meet the minimum admission policies, as described above.
- In addition to meeting the minimum admission policies, each applicant must meet have a phone interview with an Admissions Representative;
- Be a resident of the state of California;
- Present an electronic copy of a valid government issued ID card to their Admissions Representative; and
- Pass an online orientation course verifying hardware, software, and computer literacy requirements, confirming the ability to be successful in a virtual classroom environment.
- Ability to use web browsers, various search engines, and library databases
- Ability to enter Uniform Resource Locators (URLs)
- Ability to download and save files from the Internet, install software, and use virus protection
- Be able to complete online forms; participate in discussion boards, chats, and messengers
- Be able to cut or copy and paste, use spell-check, and save files in different formats
- Be familiar with web-based email, including sending and receiving attachments
- Ability to manage files and folders (save, name, copy, move, backup, rename, delete, check properties)
- Computer with at least 100MB free space, 2GB RAM, and 16 Bit sound card
- Access to Internet Service – Broadband (cable/DSL recommended)
- Keyboard, mouse/trackpad, speakers, and microphone
o Internal or external webcam
- Monitor that will display 1024×768 or 1280×720 minimum resolution, with 32-bit color graphics
- Windows 7 or above, or Mac 10.10 or above
- Google Chrome 30, Firefox 25.0, Safari 6, or Internet Explorer 10.
- Pop-up blocking software may need to be disabled
- PDF reader – Adobe Acrobat Reader DC (free download at https://get.adobe.com/reader
- Adobe Flash Player, latest version (free download at https://get.adobe.com/flashplayer)
- Microsoft Word, or word processing software that can save files in the .doc or .docx format. OpenOffice is acceptable: free software is available at http://www.openoffice.org and it is required to save files in .doc or .rtf format.
Get More Information
Learn about your career choices, financing options, and working in the real world.**CBD's Admissions Representatives make applying to school easy and will guide you through every step of enrollment with personalized care and attention. ]]>