Do Cannabis-Infused Topicals Get You High? The Definitive Answer
People have been using cannabis in medicinal settings for thousands of years. Finally, the western world is starting to catch on to the benefits of cannabinoids, and the stigma surrounding these products is beginning to go away. One of the biggest advancements in the industry comes in the form of cannabis-infused topicals, which do not produce psychoactive effects. In other words, you can safely use cannabis topicals without getting high or failing a drug test.
Can THC Be Absorbed Through the Skin?
Part of the reason we can experience the benefits of cannabis is that the human body has a natural endocannabinoid system. This system runs throughout your entire body and regulates a variety of functions from sleep to the experience of pain. Cannabinoids in topical cannabis-infused lotion work by penetrating the muscles and joints, where they act as a supplement to the endocannabinoid system. In other words, THC can be absorbed through the skin, but that doesn’t mean THC lotion gets you high.
Does THC Lotion Get You High?
Simply put, cannabis-infused lotion does not make you high. Cannabis does not produce its psychoactive or intoxicating effects through local applications, so people can safely get relief from cannabis lotion without getting high. People have used cannabis-infused lotion to address everything from arthritis pain to post-workout soreness, and they can do so without being concerned about a fuzzy head. It’s ok to use topical cannabis without worrying about driving, working, or anything else you have to do.
Can CBD Lotion Make You Fail a Drug Test?
Most likely, CBD lotion cannot make you fail a drug test. CBD is already a non-psychoactive cannabinoid, so drug tests aren’t looking for it. Drug tests for marijuana are looking for THC, which is the psychoactive ingredient in cannabis. Even when topicals contain THC, it’s extremely unlikely that they could make someone fail a drug test by getting into the blood or urine.
Cannabinoids bind with fat molecules, which means they’re most likely going to stick around in your skin and the underlying tissue wherever you apply them. People have used cannabis topicals as an excuse for failing a drug test, but it’s most likely not the truth. The only way topicals can get distributed throughout the entire body is if a person uses a THC patch, or if the topical is transdermal.
How Topicals Interact With the Body
Instead of binding with receptors in the brain and causing a high, cannabis topicals bind with local cannabinoid receptors throughout the body. For that reason, topicals should only affect the area where they’re applied. Don’t expect to get any heady or cerebral effects from your cannabis-infused lotion, but it might work wonders for your aching back. The soothing effects of cannabinoids can work on joints and muscles, as well as the skin itself. People have even used it to address conditions like psoriasis, dermatitis, itching, and acne.
Can You Use Topicals Every Day?
You can use topicals in the same way you’d use any other soothing salve, cream, or lotion. Simply massage your cannabis-infused lotion into your skin to experience relief.
Here at Mary Jane’s Medicinals, we produce consistent, reliable THC-infused topicals for Colorado dispensaries. Our products come in a variety of formats, so you can find the one that’s most appropriate for whatever’s ailing you. Look for our small-batch topicals in your local dispensary, or contact us online to learn more.Do Cannabis-Infused Topicals Get You High? The Definitive Answer People have been using cannabis in medicinal settings for thousands of years. Finally, the western world is starting to catch on
Bud Man OC (Orange County)
- Additional information
- Reviews (2)
CBD Living Lip Balm 50mg CBD (2 types)
- Broad Spectrum Nano Hemp Extract, 50 mg of CBD, THC Free, Available in 2 variants: Unflavored CBD Lip Balm, Cherry CBD Lip Balm
Innovative – 420 Lip Balm (peppermint)
- Ingredients: organic coconut oil, shea butter, beeswax, vitamin E, natural sweetner.
Speakeasy 710 – Lip Balm (2 types)
- Speakeasy THC and CBD lip balms are carefully formulated for moisturizing and repairing dry lips. The hydrating lip balm protects and keeps your lips succulent with 6 moisturizing ingredients (Castor Oil, Jojoba Oil, Beeswax, Peppermint, Vitamin E and Cannabis Oil).
Each container contains 10mg of CBD or THC.
Gemstonz – Lip It Lip Balm
- Mango flavor lip balm – This ultra moisturizing, cannabis lip balm with hempseed oil is amazing on chapped lips, fever blisters (herpes simplex) and split lips. It soothes and repairs dry, damaged lips, restoring them to luscious kissability. Use at first sign of blister to keep it from advancing. It can also be used on cracked heels, minor dab burns and even squeaky hinges.
Directions: Apply as needed.
Ingredients: Soybean Oil, Bees Wax, Sunflower Oil, Cocoa Butter, Shea Butter, Flavor, Hempseed Oil, Coconut Oil, Vitamin E Oil, Cannabis, Aloe Vera Gel.
Sacred Biology – Ultra Moisturizing Lip Balm (25mg CBD)
- Ultra Moisturizing Peppermint, Hemp oil, Shea Butter, Essential Oils. Gluten Free. Made with Organic Ingredients.
Ingredients: Organic Hemp seed Oil, Organic Beeswax, Organic Coconut Oil, Organic Shea Nut Butter, Rosehip Seed Oil, Vitamin E Oil, Peppermint essential oil, Rosemary essential
Mary Jane’s Medicinals – Lip Bong
- This incredibly moisturizing lip balm keeps lips plump and nourished in dry Colorado conditions. It contains the same awesome blend of oils as the lotion, so it has all the wonderful vitamins and healing properties for your lips. It has a very nice smooth texture which feels so good, and a pleasing light peppermint aroma. Cannabis and coconut oil have antiviral properties, so people who suffer from cold sores have reported that they do not get outbreaks when using the Lip Bong regularly. It will also speed healing time for sores. Rub on temples for headache relief.
Jambo Superfoods – CBD Lip Balm (5mg CBD)
- Looking for a lip balm that soothes and protects while providing healing CBDs to your lips? Look no further, because our lip balm does exactly that! Made with the same high quality standards that you’ve come to expect from Jambo Superfoods, your lips will thank you for providing them the best product out there!
Ingredients: Organic Raw Coconut oil, Organic Cruelty Free Bees Wax, Organic Grass Fed Ghee, Organic Cocoa Butter, Cannaibidiol (CBD) Hemp Oil, Peppermint Essential Oil, Organic Lavender Essential Oil, Eucalyptus Essential Oil, Organic Blue Chamomile Essential Oil.
High Gorgeous – Luscious Lime Lip Balm (25mg THC)
- Helps heal dry, chapped lips. Has coconut oil with soothing properties of cocoa butter and aloe vera gel.
High Gorgeous – Plain Jane High CBD Lip Balm (25mg CBD)
- CBD infused and scent free – helps heal dry and chapped lips